Monday, February 06, 2006

The Pain Journal

I recently read and reviewed a book called The Burn Journals, a true life story about a boy who survived after lighting himself on fire when he was 13. But this isn't about that book. I swear I should start up a Pain Journal for myself:

02-06-2006
Woke up with sharp pain in left hip and stitch-y pain in right calf. Small knot of stabbing pain in upper right back near right shoulder blade. As per usual. Large desire to roll over and go back to sleep interrupted by two wrong number phone calls and guilty feelings of being a bad host (mother-in-law in town). Brushed teeth, awoke fully when saw horrifying visage in mirror reminiscent of Medusa on a bad hair day. Took first pills of the day, pet cat after being vocally reminded of her existence. Repeat petting. Cross fingers and check e-mail.

Anyway. I'm going to go take a much needed shower now. And then? Who knows. Perhaps I shall take the world by storm.

No comments: