Sunday, February 05, 2006

Woot!

Well, I gotta say that Sarah Mlynowski just plain rocks! Besides being an awesome author with a wry wit, she's also just an awesome person! I don't want to jinx myself, so I won't say any more, but everyone reading this -- go buy Bras & Broomsticks! You won't be sorry anyway. It's a totally fun book.

In other news...

Tony is finally home and making dinner (he's always on the go, that one). Tonight is cottage pie (or, kind of shephard's pie, except we're using hamburger...which makes it cottage pie, but I still like to call it shephard's pie, I dunno why) and homemade biscuits. It's his new thing -- he's trying to perfect them. Which means he's on the phone with his mom, who learned how to make biscuits from his dad's mom (Tony's grandmother, if you're following all this), who made the best biscuits ever (I've been told). He's perfected his fried chicken (fitting, since we're in Kentucky now), so he's moved on to biscuits.

And...he's going to make me a belated birthday cake tomorrow. Caramel. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this man?

No comments: