Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Blog-diggity

I've created a monster. Ha, not really. My little dude started a blog yesterday so he can write up his thoughts on gaming, manga, and anime. He's having a lot of fun with it. His grammar is pretty atrocious at times, but he's funny. We'll see if he keeps at it. I think it'll be good for him. It was the first thing he went to this morning...before he even brushed his teeth. Which, yeah. We'll need to work on that...

Updated the about this blog/me page this morning. It seems there's someone(s) who reads this as the not-me pageviews do go up every day by a bit. I'm not sure where they've come from as I don't allow this blog to be indexed. So it makes me curious. I don't mind. I just find it interesting. My blog posts are mostly an explosion of randomness and meandering thoughts. Of course, it could just be weird random bots and not actual people. Hello, bots!

Though, if there is a real person out there, hiya! Feel free to ask questions or whatever. I suppose you could be someone from Reddit, since I have periodically posted links there. Haven't been super active lately though...just been lurking. I need to get back on there. Want to talk about Mitsunari finally being released in Ikemen Sengoku...

Other than that...It's half term break and we kicked it off with a Japan-ish theme by hunting for daifuku in London and consuming entirely too many wagashi and, in my case, matcha. Today we really need to work on little dude's school application stuff. I know it needs to get done but it is kinda soul destroying and tedious. We'd both rather watch anime all day...which reminds me, there's a bunch of anime notes I need to write up. We've watched a few lately I wanted to talk about. Does all isekai have to include too much fan service? Why is that a thing? Why??

Also got a bit of work from my third editor (the same one who wants the graphic novel proposal from me). I'm acting as a reader for her on a manuscript. They've expanded their list and need some help sorting through the slush. I started the manuscript and not sure how I'm feeling about it yet. The core idea seems good but the dialogue is anachronistic and a bit stilted and unsuitable for the setting, so it keeps pulling me out of the story. Also a fair few grammatical mistakes...which aren't necessarily a killer (that's what the copy edit phase is for) but does show a general lack of attention. Reserving judgement for now though as, if the plot/character works, the rest of that is salvageable.

No comments: