Friday, October 19, 2018

Little Things

3 Schools now applied for. Appeal forms started. Gym time done. Open afternoon at the school done. Playdate now in progress (not for me, haha). In geekish news, received my Mystic Messenger ring phone stand thing today from Aliexpress or whatever it is called. Silly thing, but it makes me happy. Plus, now I can more easily watch my Kdramas while I'm out...

Am I pathetic? Yes, yes, who cares.

Did have a lovely email this week from a fan in Germany (of my first two books). Always nice to hear, though I'm also always a bit sad when they ask where the third book is. There's never gonna be one. But, that's what happens sometimes, especially with the amount the second book in that series was pirated. If even a 1/3 of those people had bought it instead, there could very well be a third book.

But. Anyway. Nice to hear from someone. I don't get a monstrous amount of fan mail anymore as I haven't had a new book come out in a couple of years, so the trickle that comes in is really nice.

Also, I had chocolate salted caramel cake for lunch. And two lattes. But I did an hour and a half at the gym to make up for it. Which probably really didn't, but, man, I needed some cake. I'm having that general OMFG stressed feeling. Can't seem to shake it.

Still updating the Strong Woman Do Bong Soon post as I'm still watching that.

And worked on the graphic novel proposal. I really want to make two of the characters be Korean / half-Korean. With research, of course, as I'm half-Chinese and I refuse to get cultural stuff wrong. Not sure if it will work yet, but we'll see. I have a solid core of an idea for it anyway. Hope to wrap that up before the end of the month, but may go into next month as half term has now started.

...

Why am I feeling so discombobulated? I don't know. Just am. Sometimes I really wish I had a best friend. That person you can tell anything to. But I don't. I'm not really good at that. Which is, to be honest, why I still keep this blog. How long have I been writing this now, off and on? It's just for me, but sometimes, that's all there is. I mean, not that I don't have friends. I do. I just don't have friends I can tell random weirdness to. Does that make sense?

No comments: