Tuesday, December 04, 2018

The State of Things

Was able to get in to see the doctor last night. After two weeks and not much improvement after the first week, it was time. He thinks I probably had a viral infection to start with and then picked up a secondary bacterial infection. So, antibiotics. It was too late to fill the prescription last night, so started it off today.

Was feeling very rough last night (lots of reasons), so took a shot of Night Nurse. It generally has one of two effects on me: a) I pass out in a medicated stupor or b) I become a glassy-eyed zombie with no will to live. Pretty much the second last night until I finally passed out. Was very hard to wake up to make breakfast for the boy this morning. Luckily, hubby took him to school and I crawled back to bed. I pretty much slept until lunch and then went and got my medicine. And went through even more Kleenex. Kleenex for days. So. Much. Snot.

I'm feeling generally lost at the moment. Part of it is being sick. Part of it is the family situation. I can't do much about either except feel frustrated and blah. I am trying to look on the bright side. At least the agent is still progressing forward with the contract negotiations, but I will feel a LOT better once the contract is actually signed. I really, really don't think I could take it going belly up at this point, not with everything else that's going on.

Can't write either. Nothing I can do on the second book and I've learned through experience that anything I write while I'm sick is generally something I have to re-do later anyway. This stuff doesn't count. It's just nonsense anyway.

Did watch a couple of episodes of Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo today. Nam Joo Hyuk is really knocking it out of the park. I read through the recaps on Dramabeans after watching sometimes and there's a lot of discussion in the comments about how no one thought he was that great of an actor before. Well, I dunno. This is the first thing I've seen him in and he's just a puppy (24? now so probably only 21 or 22 when this filmed?) but the boy is doing a great job. It's subtle and not overdone but really just perfect. This may take the top spot in my list of favourite Kdramas (if the writers don't ruin it--so far they've done an excellent job). The story is really good, the supporting characters are mostly really well developed, and the leads are excellent. Liking Lee Sung Kyung SO much better in this than in About Time. I think the character suits her better.

But Nam Joo Hyuk. He's really just perfect in this. Will have to check out any of his new stuff for sure. I really could have used a Joon-Hyung when I was younger.

No comments: