Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Her Private Life

I thought I'd start another Kdrama given how iffy I'm feeling about Birth of a Beauty. So I started one I've been seeing lots of good press about: Her Private Life. It features Park Min Young (from What's Wrong with Secretary Kim -- where I did really enjoy her). This time she plays a competent museum curator who has a secret life -- she's a serious fangirl for a Kpop guy. It pairs her with Kim Jae Wook (playing Ryan Gold, an artist who can't currently create but who is also a critic(?) who is going to wind up the director of the museum she works at (after the current director/owner/whatever) played by the always ridiculous Kim Sun Young has some legal "issues."

There are bound to be shenanigans as she tries to hide her secret life. Besides the director/curator connection, Ryan Gold is also trying to track down some art by an artist that is owned by the aforementioned Kpop star. Apparently, he saw it and couldn't create anymore. No idea why.

Just one episode in and...well, as I've seen on Twitter and in news, I am really liking Kim Jae Wook. I've never seen him in anything before and he has something interesting about him. Haven't really seen them interacting enough together yet (other than in clips) to see how their chemistry is. As far as Park Min Young, it kinda feels like a very similar performance to What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing yet. Not sure about the story yet either. There really hasn't been enough set up to really hold an opinion yet. But I will watch some more episodes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first episode seemed cute enough but it also didn't wow me. I'm going to give it a few more episodes.

No comments: