Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A Witch's Love

Nuts. So. Went to the gym the other day and I can get WiFi there...so I thought I'd try something on Viki instead of Netflix (I can only watch downloaded stuff out in the shed as the WiFi doesn't usually reach). And I saw that A Witch's Love (aka A Witch's Romance) with Park Seo Joon was now available. And I'd wanted to watch it for a while because a) noona romance, b) Park Seo Joon

It's an older one (2014) but I was all excited. Then I started watching it and I'm, like, ummmmmmm why is this storyline so familiar? And, yeah. It's a remake of the Thai show Queen of No Marriage. Which I hated so much that I didn't even finish the first episode.

To be fair, the acting in this Korean version is MUCH MUCH MUCH better even from the 30 minutes or so of it I watched. But...I still really didn't like the character of the female lead (not her acting or the actress, but the character) and the story seemed pretty much dead on for the other one (other than it didn't, thankfully, open with the scene with the mother flagellating herself). I didn't get any farther because I only did 30 minutes on the elliptical and the rest on the weight machines. But...I dunno if I'm going to watch any more of it. The Queen of No Marriage left such a bad taste in my mouth that, eh, not sure even Park Seo Joon could take it away.

I have seen clips of this version though (obviously from later episodes), so maybe I'll give it another go. Or maybe I'll just watch something newer with Park Seo Joon in it instead.

No comments: