Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Irresistible Mistakes: Toshiaki

Ah, after the last free route on Love 365, I needed this one. I'd actually debated about buying this one before as I'd randomly taken a peek at Toshiaki's POV first chapter and really liked it. I enjoyed the heroine in this one more than in the Shunichiro route (though, to be fair, I thought she was fairly realistic in that route as she'd had such a crush on him for so long).

Let me back up. In Irresistible Mistakes, it all starts off with our erstwhile MC getting stinking drunk at an office outing, sleeping with someone, waking up in a hotel room and then getting the hell out of dodge in embarrassment. She's not sure who she was with. In this route, she has vague memories of someone super gentle and the best lovemaking she's ever experienced in her life. So she's shocked the next day at the office to discover that the man was Toshiaki aka The Devil of the office. He's got a reputation for being incredibly harsh and strict. She doesn't know him well, but she can't quite reconcile that with the gentle touch of the man she slept with.


This is one of those routes where you should read the Dude's POV. Stat.

She winds up (of course) placed on a project with him right after he insists that they act like the night never happened. She slowly comes to know him as a kind, gentle man who may be strict when it comes to work, but is also incredibly supportive to his colleagues. He goes out of his way, actually, even though most people talk about him behind his back.

I liked that she fell in love with him gradually as she learned about his true nature. And, that once she did, she wanted to help him out of the morass of his past because...blech...this is one of those dead girlfriend stories. Yes, the trope that should die a thousand deaths. I don't generally like those BUT I liked Toshiaki and the MC's relationship enough that it worked. 

I like that she was proactive and willing to put herself out there to hopefully win the recalcitrant dude. I like that she is competent and, even if she needs help sometimes, it's just a push in the right direction and not complete handholding.

That said, I took a peek at the overview of the other seasons of Toshiaki and I doubt I'll do any of them because it makes it sound like they keep going back to square one. I don't get why they do that a lot -- have the MC get through to the dude's heart and then things somehow regress and it's gotta be done all over again. I'd rather see things move on than to re-hash things again.

No comments: