Saturday, December 12, 2020

Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

The other day I was looking for something short to watch while exercising, so I tried out an episode of Today's Menu for the Emiya Family. Probably partly because I'd finished Isekai Izakaya and was in the mood for more food...I do enjoy watching stuff with food & cooking. Living vicariously? I dunno.

I'm not entirely sure about what the overall premise is after just one episode -- there's definitely cooking & a very sweet atmosphere. The description of the show says:

"Fulfilling meal...a familiar view In this story, Fate and food meet in a delicious and gentle world. It’s nothing but an ordinary meal scene... Delicious meals are served at the Emiya’s dinner table every day, through spring, summer, fall and winter. -- Let's see... what's for dinner today?"

And...well, yeah. Hmm. 

I feel like I should have waited to write up something on this until I've watched more as I don't feel like I really know anything about any of the characters yet other than they all seem nice and there's one possible pairing. I have no idea if they are related or how they know each other. And the boy does most of the cooking? And they have a kotatsu that no one wants to leave once they get under it? Actually, that's my big takeaway so far -- I'd really like to have a kotatsu.

No comments: