Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A little mental health break

I am sick again. It is May and I think I have been sick more than not sick this past six months. The last time, I didn't have a voice for about a month. I don't know if it's a Coventry thing -- too many trees? Pollen? Something else? But I am tired, oh so very, very, very tired of being sick. 

I am honestly, also just generally kind of stressed out. Whether I should be or not is a different question. While I am enjoying the work on the D&D project, I also wish I hadn't taken it on because I really have no idea how to run all the business side of things and the writing part is hard enough. There are a lot of things that are beyond my control but it's come so far that I don't feel like I can quit it or waste the money I've already put into it. And I haven't heard from my agent in over a year--I think he's dropped out and moved to Latin America or something. I have no idea. I hadn't pushed it as I wasn't working on anything I would be sending him anyway, but...still. Have no idea how the last book is doing as I haven't received a statement in over a year. I just emailed my editor and asked for them. 

And I feel weepy. I think it is hormonal, possibly. Maybe menopausal. I don't know. I have a general feeling of dread. Like I just want to have a good cry. But it won't help. 

There's other stuff, some big, some small. But I imagine it's all worse because I just feel awful and tired and I don't sleep well. 

So there's no particular point to this post. Just throwing out a BLAH to the universe. I need to find a really happy show to watch or a good new book or something.

No comments: