Thursday, August 31, 2023

Obey Me (Anime)

So....AGES ago I played Obey Me, a devilish otome game. I was playing it back in 2020 but I think I played it for maybe, er, 9 months or so? Maybe more. Maybe less. I definitely played it enough that I created all the bad boys in the Sims (which was funny, as I got a warning that I couldn't upload it to the shared thing, which I never do anyway, because of the character's names...Satan. Beelzebub. etc.) 


I'm not sure why or exactly when I stopped playing. I imagine it was because of the grindiness of it. I liked all the brothers, though I had my favourites: Beel, Satan, Lucifer and a bit Mammon mostly, if I remember right. I like the voice actor and art for Belphegor (Belphie) but his storyline (if I am remember right) made him not my fav. Asmo was a bit too over the top. Levi'd be okay if he'd just chill.

The story was also fairly interesting, if a little predictable, but it took so long to work through the stages that I just gave up at some point. 

I've actually just opened the app up to write this. Though it's not about the app. I apparently made it to Lesson (Chapter) 20 and there are now...80. Yikes. And...I just tried a couple of missions and yeah...it's annoying to do the little dance numbers in between the story bits and I have completely forgotten how you're supposed to set up and level the cards and form dance teams or whatever. 

Anyway, I had added the Obey Me anime to my Crunchyroll list ages and ages ago. Based on the reviews, it must have come out in early 2022. I never did try one though but I randomly did last night and they're only 5 minute episodes so I watched a few. They're actually totally unrelated random shorts and not like a playthrough or anything to do with the MC. And they're stupid adorable. They reminded me of what I liked about the game -- it doesn't take itself seriously. Most otome kinda does. But Obey Me is absolutely ridiculous, the voice acting is great, and the art is lovely too. But mostly...it's silly.

I don't think it will actually make me pick up the game again as it's too time consuming on top of the other ones that I play, but I might dip into it every now and then. They do make me smile, this ridiculous demon boys.

No comments: