Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting

Oh man, I'm so behind. I didn't realise there were so many I hadn't written up. Little Dude and I finished The Yakuza's Guide to Babysitting back in June. 


We both quite liked it. Basically, the glasses guy is Kirishima and was always known as Sakuragi's Demon (Sakuragi being the crime family he's a part of and Yaeka's dad). He gets assigned to watch over the boss' 7 year old daughter. 

Hijinks happen, there's a lot of found family type of stuff...and a fair bit of beatings. There's also some sadness; the reason she even needs a constant babysitter is because her mom is in the hospital in a coma after a bad accident and has been there a long time. And Kirishima has his own baggage from his past. 

There's a lot left unanswered at the end of the anime (does Yaeka's mom ever wake up? why does the one creepy dude so have it in for Kirishima?), so I do hope there's another season. 


No comments: