Monday, March 18, 2019

Sorry we missed you

The birds are chirping. It's a lovely Spring has Sprung kind of sound. Their warbling notes are drifting down the chimney. Birdsong.

I hate it.

I'm not sure which sound is more annoying at the moment -- the birds or the snoring dog.

There's a book I used to read little dude when he was a baby called City Lullaby by (I think, if I remember correctly) the lovely Marilyn Singer. It's kind of a counting book, where basically there's someone taking a sleeping baby all through the city and nothing wakes it up -- not garbage cans being bashed together or taxis honking or dudes playing basketball. But just one bird starts twerping and boom! Baby wakes up.

That's so true.

It's very me. I loved that book.

I realise that this blog often sounds very depressing and self-involved and introspective lately but I am just talking to myself. Since I turned off the ability for the site to be crawled by search engines, it really does get no visitors other than an occasional blip from someone on Reddit reading a post on otome. Not even sure why I'm justifying this to myself. Hello, self? You've wandered off topic again.

Hmmmm. I think I'm talking to myself.

Anyway, I had a list of things to do today and didn't get very many of them done. I did do a long session at the gym, so that's something. And some painting on Etsy wand orders (weirdly, have received 3 in the last week or so). But I'm so tired. I feel defeated. I feel like giving up. I'm not even sure what I'm giving up on. I need more sleep.

I want someone to look at me and see me. I want someone to ask me a question and want to know the answer.

Maybe I'm supposed to be that someone.

Yah. Seriously, I need to get out of my head. Next post I will talk about something fluffy and non-consequential.

No comments: