Friday, July 02, 2021

Easy Fortune, Happy Life

Sigh. I went to the gym and tried out another Taiwanese drama called Easy Fortune, Happy Life and I only made it 15 minutes before I gave up on it. I think I need to just stop trying the Taiwanese ones. I don't think I've finished one yet, though I have made it longer than 15 minutes on some of them. 

The Netflix description says:

Years after a wealthy man is healed by a rural herbalist, fate lands him in the same hospital where the woman's granddaughter is treating patients.

And it's billed as "romantic" and "goofy." All of that sounded nice. But...in that fifteen minutes...you see that the wealthy man is the owner of some super huge pharmaceutical company and while he's lying dying in the hospital, his family gathers around like literal vultures. They want him dead so they can inherit. They aren't even trying to hide it. I mean, thoroughly ugly, miserable people...and one of them is the ostensible love interest (or possibly two of them; though one grandson (?) was at least semi-decent--but he's not the dude in the picture). 

The acting was...iffy. I really just don't like that over-act-y style. While the granddaughter seemed like she'd be okay, every other character I immediately loathed. And I'm sure that's the point, but I couldn't imagine sitting through over 20 episodes of it to see the male lead (maybe) redeem himself. It's from 2009 too, so maybe the age of it has something to do with it.

I did check out reviews on Viki too after I was feeling so very MEH and found this:

And, wah, yeah, that solidified it for me. So very NOT finishing this one. Right to the ditch list.

No comments: