Sunday, November 21, 2021

Pub Encounter: Hodo Yorihisa

Holy flipping fudge balls did I hate this route. It had been awhile since I did a Pub Encounter route and I'd set it up on the new-to-me laptop so I thought it'd be a nice little short diversion to try a new one. I'd done Yuze before and while it had some cringe going on, it was overall okay. So this time I picked Hodo Yorihisa since he's the writer. It said he had a "gentle personality" hahahahaha

So. Yeah. It jumps right in -- in the first chapter, the MC shows a bit of interest in him and then she discovers that he's her fav author. And he proposes a game -- basically, whoever falls in love first loses. Well, you know where that's gonna go.

I'm not going to recap, as it's like a gaslighting extravaganza. The MC's go-to move is to sob hysterically over everything. He's a raging manipulative asshole with a serious hangup about his dead wife (at one point he literally dresses her up in one of his dead wife's dresses). 

I got the "Good End" rather than the "Best End" because I didn't do a walkthrough. And, honestly, this is a time when I'd rather have wound up with a "Bad End" (which doesn't exist in this game) where the MC wises up, tells him he's an ass, and walks out of the pub, never to see him again or even any of the other dudes, who all kind of just stand by and let him walk all over this girl. 

I will NOT be going back to get the better ending or to do the date scenario. In fact, it may be a while before I pick up Pub Encounters again to get the taste of this one out of my mouth.

Also, as a writer, I'm rather offended. FFS.

No comments: