Saturday, December 17, 2022

The Prince of Tennis

I am trying to catch up. So...The Prince of Tennis. I don't have much to say about this one as I only tried one episode. And, uh, didn't really enjoy it. It's a Chinese drama based on (I think) a Japanese manga / anime. It's about a boy who's really great at tennis (takes after his dad) who returns home after being abroad and enrolls at a middle school (though they're older; middle school not being the same thing as in the US). Will he be able to become the "prince of tennis" as he competes against older players and what's up with the girl who watches him play...?

So. Eh. It just felt over-act-y and not very polished. It may have also been my mood at the time (this was months ago) wherein I really wasn't feeling the teenybopper vibe of it. I mean, I write that stuff and I can enjoy it, but...well, this one just didn't do anything for me. So it went immediately on the ditch list.

No comments: