Wednesday, February 07, 2018

So cold

Frost on the ground. Blue skies, cloudless.

It's so freaking cold today.

I'm sitting in front of the fireplace and I'm still cold.

And I'm waiting to get the last (hopefully) changes from my agent so I can finish that off.

I had a coffee. I want another one, just because it will be warm.

Gah. I'm really bad at waiting.

I wound up spending way too much time last night looking over a bunch of old writing ideas. I'd forgotten about a lot of them. I did write a tiny bit on Baby Girl (horror short story) but not much.

Pretty sure I'm going slightly crazy. Stir crazy. Cold crazy.

UGH UGH UGH

So I've been working on the flyer for the school visit I've got coming up during book week. It's so frustrating because it's so hard to get my books in this country. I can't just do the normal thing and work out a deal with a local bookshop. I've got a small supply of three of my books and none of my third one. I can order some more of the third one from the publisher but it seems the shipping is going to be outrageous. Not sure what I should do. And if a lot of people ordered some of the other three books, I don't have enough. I don't really know what the right thing to do is.

Edit: So frustrated. And it's nearly the end of the day and nothing from the agent yet either. This is one of those days where I just feel like throwing my hands in the air and saying FFS. I give up.

Edit 2: Still nothing from agent. But did hear back from one of my publishers and yes indeedy, if you add in the international shipping, it literally makes no sense to order the books even with my discount. It bumps the price up to pretty much exactly the same as retail via Amazon. So bleh. I could get some shipped to Florida and then get them when we visit in March but that will be too late for the events that I have and I'm not sure how I'd get them back home anyway. Double bleh.

No comments: