Friday, October 11, 2019

But is it really?

I saw a clip of a Korean movie called What a Man Wants a couple of days ago and...eh...let me start with what it was. Two guys playing pool. Brothers? Brothers-in-law? A sexy woman joins them, one knows her from somewhere. The other is taciturn. There's nary another woman in the whole pool hall. She saunters in, oozing sex, working the room without even really trying.

She's playing pool with them. She's good. The one is obviously flirting with her. The other seems to be actively trying not to be affected. She's taking shots with her butt all stuck out as far as possible. All the dudes in the pool hall are watching. A waiter walks by and accidentally drops his tray; her butt gets soaked.

And then...

And then...

...she takes off her thong underwear RIGHT THERE and then she...she...TIES UP HER HAIR IN A PONYTAIL WITH HER UNDERWEAR. The underwear that she JUST TOOK OFF. And goes back to playing pool. The taciturn dude finally puts his jacket over her.

I just...I...I got nothin'.

I thought, when she stood up, that maybe she was going to take off her skirt and play the rest of the round in a slip or something. Or even in her underwear and stockings. I dunno. Would be kinda crazy, but hey. Or maybe she'd attempt to towel off.

But.

Why or how is this any kind of an appropriate response? How is this sexy? How is this anything but gross? Am I missing something? Am I just...not a man?

Anyway, I looked up the movie because I was both curious and disgusted and it's apparently about the two dudes; the one cheats on his wife all the time and then she dies and he's torn up to figure out she also cheated on him and tries to prove to his wife's lover that she loved him more (wtf?) and the other dude (the taciturn one) is his sister's husband, who winds up cheating with the pool playing lady or something. But they "all love each other anyway" or some such nonsense. Definitely not my kind of movie and I'm not watching it. But it's still stuck in my mind because I can't get over that one clip. It's such a WTF moment. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

No comments: