Thursday, October 17, 2019

Tenterhooks

I'm on edge a bit this week. My book is out at the Frankfurt Book Fair. Will it sell to some foreign markets? I could really use some good news. The drama with the car is dragging on still. Things are just...well, you know. Stressful. I am cautiously hopeful but at the same time, very worried.

Can't concentrate. Just waiting.

And trying to finish off at least one of the shows that I'm watching. I whittled it down to an "actively watching" list of only 4, but there's another 10 (okay, probably 11) that's on the slowly watching list and I don't wanna count how many I want to start.

Out of the 4, I've put the Chinese drama The World Owes Me a First Love on hold because I caught up to the subbed episodes and I want to build up at least 4 or 5 of them before I pick it up again. Maybe I'll even wait until they are all out. As of today, 22 episodes are released out of what I think will be 24 and they've been translated up to episode 18. I'm up to episode 15. It's the one that I'm probably most enjoying at the minute, though it's about to enter the angsty bit of the over-arching story line...meh.

Yeah, I just need low angst and happy right now, you know? This is why I'm so tempted to start the Tale of Nokdu, which looks adorable. But I really ought to finish something else first.

I was also really liking Revenge Note with Cha Eun Woo and Park Solomon. Up to the latter half of that as well, but it also had hit the oh no everything is falling apart stage so I'm working myself up to it. It's an odd show; at once both lighthearted and very dark.

Then there's Let's Eat and it's okay and I will finish it, but I don't love the female lead character (the character, not the actress; as far as I can tell, the actress is talented enough) and it's not exciting me. So I'm finding myself watching an episode here and there but not necessarily looking forward to it? But not hating it enough to drop it? And all the food looks good...

Which leaves me with the one I'm trying to finish that I started back in August...Accidentally in Love. The episodes are short (about 25 minutes if you cut off the intro and the outro). It's also the least angsty (though it too is entering the angstiest, frustrating bit of the story where "circumstances conspire against our leads bum bum bah bum"). The acting isn't amazing and it has the most laughable special effects I've seen in anything made in the last 20 years, but it is mostly silly and cheerful. So that's where I am. I'm on 22 out of 30. Gah. It feels like there's still so much to go!

I want some good news. I want something good to happen. I've done all I can to make something good happen, and now I wait and I stew and I sweat and just generally feel like pinhead. I feel like I should work but I'm still waiting on last changes from my editor but I am also just so AAAGGGHHH that I feel like my brain is going to explode and I also just want to sleep.

No comments: