Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Blah

I feel kind of depressed. And I'm going to be self-indulgent and wallow in it a little, so please feel free to skip this post. I don't really know why I'm feeling this way. I'm not super depressed; no need to worry or anything, I just feel really blah. Icky.

I don't feel like I get to spend enough time with my husband. I don't feel like I'm getting as much done as I should. I'm tired of being sleepy all the time. I'm generally annoyed.

When I first quite my job, I thought I'd churn out this book in maybe 3 months. Maybe less. That didn't count on moving, packing, unpacking, throwing out my back, throwing out my leg, being on hardcore medication. But still, I feel like I should be able to get out 3,000 words a day instead of somewhere between 600 - 1200 that I've been getting. After all, I am home. I know I'm doing okay, I just want to do better.

And then I fall asleep.

Sigh.

But mostly I just feel this general malaise. I don't want to deal with any real live people. I'd like to wrap myself and my husband in a cocoon and just burrow for a while in the comfort of it. No sounds but our breathing. No interruptions. No emergencies. Just us and quiet.

Anyway, if you're reading, I told you that you should have ignored this one.

2 comments:

daveconifer said...

Kim, you're doing great! Running YABOOKSCENTRAL is a full time job, really, even though you do it from home. Plus you're injured and on medication. On top of that you're 30,000+ into the novel. I'd say you're doing a lot more than wallowing.

Everybody gets down sometimes (remember my weirdness a few weeks ago) but from here, it looks like you're getting all kinds of things done. I'm still expecting to hear that you've signed on with agent, any day now...

Below is a link to what might be my all time favorite song. I hadn't heard it since 1986 but I came across it while surfing...

....dave conifer

http://anaval.moonfruit.com/chinacrisis

Kimberly Pauley said...

Thanks Dave :-)