Friday, August 05, 2005

I'd like to be awake now, please

I feel like I've been in a haze the last couple of days. Lots of sleeping. Little bit of writing. Lot of reading. I've finished up Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. Introducing Vivian Leigh Reed, Daughter of the Diva. The Principles of Love. Heroes. Septimus Heap. It's like I keep getting sucked into books to the point of no return. I'm even reading a Gossip Girls book right now, I forget which one.

And some online stuff. Found I am a Japanese School Teacher from another blog and had to read every editorial posted. Ohmigosh. Funniest stuff ever. I even shared this one with Tony and he laughed his serious laugh where he can't help himself; it's like a combination giggle/snort/bark thing. It's that funny.

That wasted a good deal of time. You just can't not read them once you've started. And I swear, if I ever travel to Japan and I hear someone utter the word "Kancho" I will just cover my butt and run like the fiends of hell were after me. No looking back.

I'm at a whopping 38,714 words. And a promise to get my butt in at least 2nd gear today. Maybe I need to go back to the coffee shop and imbibe some more caffeine. Maybe I need to be a bad girl and skip a day of pills. Hmmmm. It would be so nice to be fully awake and not fuzzy headed.

I had two good thoughts for the novel last night while I was waiting for sleep to take me (heh, not a long wait). One I remember today. Sigh. I need to put a pad of paper and a small light by the bed so I can scribble things down. I had briefly considered dragging myself out of bed and to the office to write it down, but never quite made it. Hopefully I'll remember what the other one was while I'm writing.

No comments: