Friday, August 19, 2005

This is a public service announcement...with guitars!

I wonder what it is about the Clash and writers. I recently interviewed Libba Bray and she's a big fan of theirs (as am I) and I was just reading a bio of Daniel Ehrenhaft and he's also a Clash lover. I wonder how many other writers out there are Clash fans. I always thought that Monty Python was one of the big shared experiences for creative people, but maybe it's really the Clash.

I wish I could play guitar.

However, I look ridiculous with one. They are nearly as big as I am. Well, height-wise. I'm sure I weigh more. And I stink at reading music. A triangle or something of that nature is probably my best bet. The last instrument I 'played' was a recorder. If I never hear Mary Had a Little Lamb again it'll be too soon.

Anyway, I'm off to Rock the Casbah.

No comments: