Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A new afternoon

I'd say a new day, but the morning was a bad one (all maudlin), so I'll just stick with afternoon. I know I talk about it too much, but when you feel like something is taking over your life, it's hard not too. I really can't wait to get off these pills. Mornings are so awful. It's hard to even describe.

The listed side effects for the blasted pill are...

  • Dizziness (uh, yeah)

  • Nausea (off and on)

  • Sleepiness (yep, but that's also from the other two pills I have to take)

  • Abnormal ejaculation (er, not so much)

  • Sweating (yes! in the mornings. This is DISGUSTING.)

  • Dry mouth (incredible dry mouth)

  • Gas (no, thank goodness)

  • Abnormal vision (I don't think so, but my eyes do go all wonky sometimes)

  • Nervousness (yep, but pretty much just in the mornings)

  • Insomnia (sometimes, fighting it out with the sleepiness)

  • Loss of appetite (yeah, but I don't actually mind this one...I'm currently down 11 pounds)

  • Constipation (no comment.)

  • Confusion/agitation (yes, again, in the mornings)

  • Tremor (ditto)

  • Yawning (er, how much yawning do they mean? I've always yawned...)

  • Palpitation (every now and again)

Tell your doctor right away if you have:

Increases in heart rate

Extreme confusion or seizures, which may indicate very low levels of sodium in the blood (how extreme is extreme? Like I've said, mornings SUCK. What, should I start eating salt?)

Abnormal bleeding or bruising (hmmmm, I have noticed even more bruises than normal. Every time I run into something even just a little bit, I bruise.)

Sudden, unexpected eye pain, eye redness, or changes in vision, which may indicate increased eye pressure

Symptoms of mania or hypomania, such as persistently elevated or irritable mood, a decreased need for sleep, racing thoughts, hyperactivity, and rapid, excessive speech (MORNINGS!! Except for that decreased need for sleep bit.)

It may cause an increase in your cholesterol. Your doctor may want to do blood tests to check your serum cholesterol periodically. (Great. I just finally got my cholesterol down to normal levels.)

Anywho. It basically sucks rotten eggs. But I'm going to put all of that aside and work on my novel today and a bit on the site and hang out on my nice old porch in my comfy wicker furniture with my big fat cat and just be.

No comments: