Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wow.

New Orleans is essentially gone. I can't even imagine what it must be like there right now, the proud houses buried in water and debris. It makes any little problems I have seem trivial, eh? I don't want to even think about the potential death toll. When did we start using the phrase 'death toll' anyway? That's almost up there with collateral damage.

Anyway. I got a bit more in last night: 53,849. Essentially one chapter left to go. I'm working on that now, sitting out on the porch. After yesterday's rain, it is absolutely beautiful today. Glorious.

We were talking last night at dinner about what people value and how different each list must be. We each had to pick 20 things. I wish I'd written them down as I'd said them, because today's list is bound to be different. And I have a challenge for all of you -- Muhammed, Dave (ha, maybe I'll make you start a blog), Pam, Saundra, Kim...anyone else reading. What are your 20 things?

  1. art
  2. creativity
  3. kindness
  4. harmony
  5. beauty
  6. intelligence
  7. a willingness to learn
  8. love
  9. truth
  10. originality
  11. conviction
  12. taking a stand/not standing by
  13. justice
  14. honesty
  15. desire for new experiences
  16. knowledge
  17. joy
  18. comfort
  19. acceptance
  20. quirkiness

So, that's my list. At least today. I know it's different from yesterday's.

No comments: