Thursday, February 14, 2019

A year of fluff

So, a year ago was when I started playing otome games. I've mostly moved on to Kdrama now, though I'm still casually playing otome. It's all related though, innit? Last year I blogged more here than at any point since 2005 when I quit working to write full time. In between there were some years where I didn't blog here at all (only on my official site) or years where I didn't blog at all.

I tend to write/blog when I need an outlet, I suppose. When the vague stirrings of discontent (malcontent?) become too noisy. When I have to write or go crazy. Crazier. Whatever.

I have nothing to say for myself. It is what it is. Not even sure why I'm talking about it. I suppose it's because I just glanced at the past posts and realised it's been a year. A year of looking for something. Have I found it? No, of course not. I don't even know what I'm looking for.

Anyway, update on my experiment wherein I was trying to take a picture of myself every day in a new Instagram account (not my old one, as I wasn't about to subject people to that).

Oh, man.

I made it a month worth. 31 days.

I don't think I'm gonna continue. I feel too stupid doing it. It was a ridiculous idea. I do think I need to try and take more pictures of myself, if only to say, hey, I exist in this world. But I think I'll just do it periodically and post them here. No one reads this so it won't feel as idiotic and self-serving.

Though I will post one today because I found this dress at a charity shop and I really like it (I know, I know, someday I'll get over not wanting to purchase things at full price...well, probably not. I am my mother's daughter.). Though I obviously don't have the selfie-skill to get a decent picture of it. How do people do that? I feel like there are all these things that other women know how to do that I can't figure out. Like braiding my hair. Taking good selfies. Maybe I just need longer arms. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that.

No comments: