Sunday, January 27, 2019

A poor attempt

This is a poor attempt at a poem/song based on a conversation I was having with a friend on Twitter and I'm sticking it here so maybe I can work on it later. But I wouldn't say I'm happy with it. It needs a lot of work. But I haven't been feeling very inspired. So, here. For later.


World of Nonsense

I went about it sideways,
Like I always do.

But the world wasn’t listening
It’s a lot like you

Can’t you see --
The temple has been raided
The museums are all sacked
The living rooms are empty
And you’re not coming back

It’s a world of nonsense,
So I tried to go straight on,
Like you always do.

But the world wasn’t watching,
It’s a lot like you

Can’t you see –
The doors are all closed
The lines are dead
The windows are empty
And you’re still stuck in my head

So I went about it sideways,
Like I always do

No comments: