Sunday, January 27, 2019

Doctors

After yet another chaebol-centric Kdrama (Beautiful Gong Shim) that I didn't think had any possibility of having any chaebol crap in it, I am determined to watch something that has nary a glimpse of a chaebol in it. So I tried one on my list that sounded like it would fit the bill: Doctors. I'd seen clips where she (Park Shin Hye -- the lead from You're Beautiful but looking a LOT more feminine here) is kicking some gangster butt in the hospital she works at. She's a doctor who is supposed to have had a tough childhood but was set on the right path by a teacher.


So...after one episode...I think I'll watch this at some point but I don't think that point is now. One, I didn't realise that one of the other main actresses in this is Lee Sung Kyung (from Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Ju and About Time) and, eh, I dunno, but I just don't feel like watching her in something again yet. Two, it looks like there'll be some chaebol-ish type crap after all. Hong the teacher/doctor, played by Kim Rae Won, is the adopted son of a hospital director/owner/whatever? and there's some kind of manipulation going on there where the vice president and his son (butler dude from Shopping King Louis) are trying to take over. And Three...75% of that first episode is all the stuff that happened back to her in high school.

Which is okay, I suppose. But I was in the mood for something a) more adult and b) funnier. On the plus side, there was a cameo/small part with a bad boy Jisoo, which was fun to see. So I'll update this whenever I watch it at some point. I think it looks okay. Just not what I need right now.

No comments: