Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Progress...

Little man has an interview today with the school he'd most like to get into (which used to be his third choice, but he really liked the look of it when he went for the testing). So stressful. I just hope he relaxes and doesn't talk like an autobot. He can be really good when talking with adults and normally isn't nervous BUT there's been so much pressure on him with all of this assessment stuff that I think he's more freaked out than he normally would be. Hopefully it will be a nice interviewer.

In me news, the weight I lost has at least been staying off, though I haven't really lost much more. But things are shifting around and I was able to get into my (former) fat jeans and the (super) fat jeans are now loose. As well as some shirts I hadn't been able to wear in a while. My body fat percentage has gone down quite a bit too, which is good. Still a long way to go.

I did 10 minutes on the weird adaptive elliptical yesterday -- it feels like trying to run in pudding -- and another 50 minutes on the regular one that I normally do. A bit of time on the arm weight machine, but my left arm has been sore, so not much. Then I got stuck in my exercise bra because I couldn't quite get my left arm to behave...so maybe I need to stay away from that for a bit. Not sure.

The back/leg has been hurting quite a lot lately, especially in the morning and at night, but the hubby has a possible new client that has some weird pain relief thing and they are going to try it out on me. It sounds too good to be true, which is why he wanted to have me try it out. I go on Wednesday. Hopefully it does work. That would be lovely. The shooting pains have been waking me up at night pretty regularly. And today's been a bad day with it. Walked to the post office and it was painful the whole way, maybe because it's so cold today. It even snowed.

Anything else? Not too much. My birthday is in two days. I feel old and ugly. I know, I know, I'm not actually ugly. But you can't always help how you feel. And everyone needs some validation sometimes and goodness knows I don't get much of that from my husband. He's always busy somehow and if I try to give him a passing hug, he makes this face like I'm in the way.

Still no word from the editor...so I'm still on hold. I have written a few pages, but that's it.

I bought two Michel Thomas CDs on learning Korean. Used his stuff when learning Italian and it was really good. Thought it might kick start me. I should really be trying Japanese since it's FAR more likely that I'll travel there, but I've been watching a lot more Korean stuff than Japanese lately (though still doing anime with little dude). So I'm being self indulgent. Actually, I suppose it's an experiment. I've never been great at languages beyond being able to remember lots of words. If I can do okay with the CDs maybe I'll try an actual class. We'll see.

Feel rather like I'm wishing my life away. Just want to get through this week. Just want to get through the next.

No comments: