Monday, January 28, 2019

Something in the Rain

So...after not feeling like Doctors was the right fit for me right now, I thought I'd try something else. I gave Something in the Rain a try.

It's supposed to be about a thirty-something woman who's living an empty life and having no luck in love. She kindles a romance with the younger brother of her best friend. I'd seen a clip or two and I was interested in a "noona romance" (I'm old, I'm old, yeah, yeah).

So...I was about half way through and not connecting overly much with the slow pace. I know, I know, one episode isn't enough for any of these shows. I'm not even sure what it was, but I kept wanting to forward on. I thought I'd look up a bit of information/reviews on it to see if it was worth the time. And...yeah. Apparently the leads are cute together but basically, it sounds like the whole show is one big angst fest where no one wants them together (already didn't think much of her mom, tbh) and there's crap going on at her job and there's some 3 year separation thing at the end that's partly due to them not communicating.

So I didn't even finish the episode. I really just don't want another forced separation for no good reason thing. Why is that such a big thing in Kdramas? I don't get it. And, while I did think the lead guy looked fun, the female lead mainly just felt...sad. Which is, I suppose, the point. She needs some life in her life. But this isn't the type of thing I need in my life right now, so it's a pass from me. Life is too short.

No comments: