Saturday, June 20, 2020

The best laid plans...

So. What's going on, me? 

Good and bad. Pandemic still ongoing, though things are loosening up. House buying still progressing, albeit very, very, very slowly. Still waiting on the valuation. So best guess for moving is late August, early September, which is cutting it quite close for little dude's schooling. Am trying to be proactive and "meet" some writer types out Coventry / Birmingham way so I can get there and at least hopefully "know" someone. 

Little dude hasn't been well. Lethargic, zombie-like, pale, headache-y, no appetite. Finally consulted with a doctor, but the blood work and MRI didn't turn up anything. So they think he has "post-viral fatigue" though no idea what virus that might have been (it wasn't any of the ones they tested for) or when he might have picked it up, as we've been isolating at home and he's literally hardly been out the door. He's a bit better now, but still not great. School, at least, has been supportive, as he's had a few days where he literally couldn't stay awake. I've never seen him sleep like this. Ever. Not even when he was a baby. 

So that's been another worry. And frustration. Because you want to do something, anything, but there's not really anything you can do.

I suspect that some of it might be stress-related. Pandemic. Isolation. Upcoming Move. New School. But, again, not anything I can do much about. I'm doing what I can. I suppose we all are.

Work-wise, finally had a chance to talk to my editor and now have a resolution on how to end book 2 + lead into book 3. No idea whether or not it'll get to book 3 or beyond, but at least it's a plan. Sort of. Right now, it's hard to plan anything. Book fairs and book conferences are mostly all cancelled. Stores are just opening up. I suppose I'm just glad that book 1's release date is September and wasn't, like, now or a month ago. I very much feel for any authors that have had something come out in the last couple of months.

Health-wise, my back is bothering me and it's possible I might be overdoing it a little, but on the other hand, exercise has been the only thing that has felt stable. I am trying to kind of take one day off a week, though not totally. I didn't do the elliptical today, but I did do an hour's worth of yoga/workouts. I am now down 18 lbs. (just over 8 kgs). Down about 8% body fat. Want to lose at least 8 more lbs. and then I'll re-evaluate. If I can keep going, I probably should. But first step is to get down to 120 lbs. Then I'll at least be within a healthy range. 

That's about it. Still watching a number of shows as I do the elliptical, though I wouldn't say I'm *loving* any of them. It would be nice to find something that just brings me joy. I could use some joy.

No comments: