Sunday, February 18, 2024

A Sign of Affection

I've only done a couple of episodes of this one as I am watching it with little dude and there are some others that are higher on our combined list, but I am quite liking A Sign of Affection so far. 

A fairly sheltered deaf girl goes off to university and one day is helped out by an upperclassman she knows just by sight as he's in a club that a friend of hers goes to. They are, it seems, equally intrigued by each other and (I suspect) by the end, will open up each other's worlds. 

It seems quite sweet so far though there's an obligatory annoying childhood friend of hers that is already showing signs of over protectiveness and jealousy. But, as always, I imagine it is too little, too late. 

The art style is interesting -- it has a Korean feel to it and is more watercolour tones than normal Japanese anime. The way they are drawn has that feel too -- and little dude though the same thing (he's, like, the dude looks like a Kpop Idol). Not a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing. 

Will update once I've had a chance to watch more of it, but it looks very promising.

Edit: I finished it! It was charming. The two childhood friends (his and hers) that looked like they would be terribly annoying wound up not being as bad as I feared. Honestly, it was all just very sweet and charming and I really enjoyed it. I've heard there will be a second season and I'll definitely watch it when it is out. It was a very low angst show, honestly, which I really enjoy generally. I know I complain sometimes when there's NO conflict because you do have to have something that moves the story forward. In that way, this one is very slice of life. HOWEVER, both the main leads do show some change and definitely the side characters do.

Meh, I'm not going to dissect it. I enjoyed it. It was lovely. I'm glad I watched it.

No comments: