Saturday, February 10, 2024

Dream

Er, yeah, if I hadn't just checked my Netflix viewing history, I would have forgotten to write up this one. Dream has Park Seo-Joon, so you know why I watched it. 


I actually watched this around the same time I watched #Alive. So...yeah, I'm gonna give a really quick overview. Seo-Joon is a somewhat disgraced football player who winds up coaching the national homeless football team for the Homeless World Cup in an effort, in part, to rehabilitate his image.

It is based on a true event (the 2010 Homeless World Cup), though I imagine it is loosely so. But, who knows! 

Park Seo-Joon is his normal self, which is always enjoyable to watch and it also features IU as the reporter/videographer that is documenting things. Their initially frosty relationship morphs into friendship, though it never breaks the romantic path, which I halfway expected.

The homeless team supporting cast were all good as well, with everyone having their own heartwrenching story. 

It was a good movie. I wouldn't say it was a great movie, but it was a good one. I suppose it was the fact that it was very predictable? I mean, there's no surprises in it, but it was a generally good "feel good" movie. Am I glad I watched it? Sure. Would I watch it again? Erm, probably not. I've got dramas with those actors that I enjoy more. But it's a good entry movie.

No comments: