Sunday, February 11, 2024

The Duke of Death and his Maid

Hm, I'm not sure why I paused in watching The Duke of Death and His Maid. It might have just been a timing thing. It was ages ago that I started it and apparently I've only watched three episodes, though I thought I had watched more.


Basically, the Duke in question is a young man (eldest son in his family) who was cursed at a very young age -- anything he touches will die. Consequently, he was exiled from everyone and sent to live in a large mansion. He was there for years pretty much alone other than a butler (I think) but was joined at some point with Alice, a maid. He's now desperately in love with her and, for her part, she seems to love him too--though she also teases him a great deal (she's one of those anime characters with a, um, larger than life personality...mostly concentrated on her chest). She's also the daughter of the mother of the duke's dead(?) best friend/maid(?) and looks a lot like her mother. I also very much suspect that the "witch" who cursed the young Duke was the mom or connected to her.

Though I have no idea why anyone cursed the kid. He's remarkably inoffensive. Anyway, there's a bit too much <BOOBS!> in this one for me, but other than that, the characters are actually all very sweet and innocent. I was also thankful to see that the duke's mother, that seemed like she was being set up to be evil, wasn't (or, at least, not in the glimpses I got of her) and that the siblings of the Duke are actually pretty nice and supportive. Overall, it's mostly a very earnest, awkward type of love they've got going on and a bit...poignantly weird? 

Maybe I stopped watching it because I was mostly watching at the gym and all the BOOBS were a little too obvious to people walking by. I dunno. But maybe now that I've been reminded of it I will finish it. Though...honestly, there's been other shows that captured me more (I just am really not fond, haha, of all the gratuitous boobage) so...maybe I'll just find a summary of it. Art-wise, I thought it was actually fairly well done, though atypical.

Hm. And I just saw that there's a second season already out. Which both encourages and discourages me from picking it up again, so we'll see.

No comments: