Sunday, February 11, 2024

Tonikawa: Over the Moon for You

Eh, frick, another one I didn't finish, though even little dude tells me it's good. It's Tonikawa: Over the Moon for You and it also has a second season apparently. 


I'm honestly also not sure how many episodes I watched, as we share a Crunchyroll (though he said he read it too). It shows as 5 episodes out of the first season watched BUT I kinda think I really only watched two. Maybe three?

So...the thing is, I feel like I absolutely should adore this one as everyone gushes in reviews about how adorable and cute and sweet it is. But I wasn't super hooked at the time. But maybe I'll try it again.

Anyway, to summarise what I remember...Nasa (the dude) was a hardworking genius overachiever in school (due in part to what his parents named him) but while on his way to an important exam or something, he sees the girl and immediately and irrevocably falls in love. Then he gets, like, creamed by a bus because he's distracted by her. Blood everywhere. He's broken. But he somehow manages to make it to her sitting at a bus stop and maybe she does something to save him, I dunno. But there's something fishy as hell about her. WHAT is she? He asks her to date him and she says "only if we're married" and he's all "okay!" and then she disappears. 

His life kinda falls apart after the accident and he winds up living in a tiny flat and working part time jobs or something. I don't think he goes to Uni as he was basically BROKEN. Then, one day, she shows up years later (because, I guess, they're now old enough to get married?), marries him that very night because he's still totally smitten, and then moves in. 

Thus begins their married life.

And I realise it's all supposed to be cute and awkward but I'm kinda, like...dude just got steamrolled and none of this makes sense and WTF is she and why is no one concerned about any of this? And I guess all of that was in the back of my head while you're watching them futon shopping. So even though it's supposed to be all about the adorkableness, I just couldn't quite do the suspension of disbelief thing. 

I'm sure I just wasn't in the right frame of mind for it. I mean, I LOVE adorkable stuff. But there was too much WTF-ery going on that the dude just wasn't even asking about and, eh, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Have a backbone, my mane. Maybe it's also because they both look like they are 12? Will I try it again another time? Maybe. There's just so much out there so I dunno. Loads of people love it, so I'm sure it's fine. It just didn't hit for me when I tried it.

No comments: