Sunday, February 11, 2024

My New Boss is Goofy

Ok, so, My New Boss is Goofy I watched with little (way-taller-than-me-now) dude and we both loved it. I wanted to see it as soon as I saw the teasers for it. It's adorable.

In a nutshell, Momose (blue suit guy in the picture) had a TERRIBLE boss at his last job but plucked up the courage to apply for a new job at another advertising company because, in part of an ad campaign that inspired him (which, of course, his new boss was actually responsible for, but I'm getting ahead of myself). His health was even affected by his old boss and he basically mainlines tummy meds for an ulcer.

He's really worried that his new boss, Shirosaki, will be horrible too but nothing could be further from the truth. He is literally just the nicest, sweetest cinnamon bun on the planet. Whatever other anime character you thought held that title? Nope. Shirosaki, the goofy boss, now holds it.

He's "goofy" because, even though he's clever and good at his job, he's always doing silly airhead things (drinking from cans that aren't open, etc.) Anyway, Momose heals over time and blooms and grows. They even go through a stint of living together. The show was giving serious BL vibes but it never quite went there, though it did hint at it. I wonder if it heads that direction in the manga? I dunno, but it's definitely a set up for it. I think it is still ongoing.

The other two main characters are the bigger boss, a divorcee with a serious hangup on a teddy bear character and severe loneliness and a sort of flirty younger guy who is very equal opportunity. They're both cute too, but the two main characters are the best. 

Just overall a really adorable, lovely little show that makes you happy. I really enjoyed it and would watch it again. Will even hope for a second season, though I'm not sure where it would go.

No comments: