Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Great Cleric

Ok, last catch up post today. The Great Cleric. I've only seen two episodes of this one so far, but I didn't want to forget about it, so I'm writing it up now.


So, yadda yadda yadda, salaryman reborn into a fantasy world as a 15 year old healer. Er, why do I feel like I could just stop there? I guess because, so far, it's basically your standard isekai thing. Though he's at least not initially OP and seems to be a hard worker and an earnest little dude. I do need to try some other episodes, but while I'll say that the two I watched seemed just fine and the protagonist is a good guy, it also didn't light a burning fire in me to watch the next episodes, which is why I haven't seen any more since I started it over a month ago. 

I do think I will go back to it, probably. It seems nice and inoffensive so far. But...not exciting? Maybe I am getting isekai overload. I do like his design, art-wise.

Edit: I picked this one up again and am now through Episode 7. It's a good show with nice characters. Nice that he's stayed a hard worker and is not OP at all--everything he has gained he's picked up through some really hard work. Also kudus that they actually show his character changing looks! After two years, he's got long hair and after all his working out he's more buff. He even changes clothes sometimes! I'm enjoying it, though, again, I'd have to admit that it hasn't obsessed me like, say, the Apothecary Diaries, where I really, really want to binge through it.
 
Edit 12 April 2024: I finished it at the gym today! It was a good show and definitely open for a season two. I'd watch it if they do one. The best part to me is how the character changed visually. I don't think he necessarily changed as a person (other than his skills) as he's just as nice at the end as he was at the beginning and just becomes, maybe, even more altruistic? 

It had some harem-y elements, but only minor. While he has a couple girls he crushes on a bit (the two receptionists), the rest of the women he's around he mostly just...respects? And while they like him/love him, it mostly feels more big sister-ly? Which is good. I hate it when the shows get super harem-y and it takes over the storyline. 

Anyway, good solid show.

No comments: